CHIEF EXECUTIVES SECRETARIAT
The Chief Executive’s Secretariat is responsible for the following:
- Corporate Governance Issues
- Controlling and Compliance Enforcement
- Advocacy and PR Activities
The Department for Planning and Investments (DPI) is to facilitate effective planning of the Community Water and Sanitation sub-sector needs, mobilise resources for plan execution, monitor and evaluate plan implementation with the active participation of other departments of the agency as well as key stakeholders.
Objectives And Strategies
- To improve on the mechanism for tracking access to water and sanitation facilities and hygiene practices.
- To maintain mechanism for regular update of Strategic, Corporate and Business Plans for the mobilization and effective utilization of resources.
- To maintain and operate an efficient and effective monitoring system for timely management decision.
- To design and operationalise a national project formulation framework for the Agency.
- To establish an efficient reporting system for CWSA.
- To strengthen mechanisms for collaboration and coordination.
- To undertake research studies to inform sector policy and strategy.
- To strengthen departmental (DPI) work planning, reporting and budgeting
- To establish and disseminate guidelines and standards for the implementation of technical and software activities.
- To monitor and evaluate adherence to standards and guidelines
- To design and supervise implementation & co-ordination of project of national character.
- Liaise with Planning Department to finalize budget for the agency.
- Supervise replenishment applications
- Disbursements on the Small Towns Project accelerated, cumulative disbursement came to $10.13 million out of total credit of $26million.
- To monitor and evaluate Regional Accounts.
- To ensure effective liaison between internal and external auditors for timely performance of audit.
- To prepare and submit Annual Financial Statement for the Agency.